Thursday, December 30, 2010

photographing ethnic babies

yikes why do I have so much trouble photographing ethnic babies??? its either way to light and they look white or its way to dark and they look way off colour...... makes me feel a bit like goldie locks must have felt lol
Finally my dad has taken pitty on me and has said he is going to show me what to do! ever since I started making ethnic babies I have been harrasing him and he keeps saying " play with the camera, learn for yourself" "If you don't teach yourself no one will" etc etc I guess it goes to show you can wear a stuborn man down if he is your dad and you take after him! it just takes time lol

Well this is one of my latests babies affectionately known as "Shim" (shim stands for She/Him) as shims' mum is going to get a surprise of the sex of the baby  and yes this is the baby I have had soooo much trouble photographing. (although most of the ethnic reborns in the past I have had trouble with as well)
So this may or may not be shims actual colouring lol! I will see if dad keeps his word tomorrow and then will compare photos!

I am so happy with how Shim is looking in person ... dare I say my best yet?? I think so I hope I haven't jinxed myself now lol.

As for the other baby well that is Lorena Mae..... I feel like I have been working on her forever! Has anyone else ever successfully made this kit? She is terrible! Not the sculpt I actually like the sculpt  its the vynil! Horrible horrible horrible I have had to strip her 3 times now and even before the stripping I was having paint stick issues and now I have done 20 layers and counting (super super thin its the only way I could get the paint to stick) and she is only just starting to change colour... and ofcourse she is going to be a milk chocolate baby so that means I may litterally be working on her forever! any advice is appreciated... but i'm guessing I just have to keep plugging away on her ... So I guess its a good thing that I am stuborn as I am not going to let this kit beat me! I will get her looking brown tomorrow... hopefully!

hugs Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment